Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Start to Finish 25 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups reserved pulled pork
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, plus more to taste
- 4 whole-wheat buns, toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in a single layer until tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the pork with the barbecue sauce and 1 tablespoon water. Spoon onto buns and top with lettuce leaves and tomato slices. Serve with sweet potatoes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 528, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 108, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 58, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 9, sugar (g): 16, pro. (g): 40, vit. A (IU): 22532, vit. C (mg): 15, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): 1, Niacin (mg): 10, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 44, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 685, Potassium (mg): 1409, calcium (mg): 137, iron (mg): 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.