Servings: 6 Yield: 6 cups Start to Finish 40 mins Prep 20 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups dried fusilli
- 1/4 cup light butter with canola oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1/3 pound fontina cheese, shredded (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick coating; set aside. Cook macaroni as directed on package. Drain and return to pot; keep warm.
2. While macaroni cooks, melt light butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and salt; stir for 1 minute. Add milk; stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
3. Toss together macaroni, sauce, chicken breast and barbeque sauce. Transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 345, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 54, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 35, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 20, vit. A (IU): 462, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 78, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 508, Potassium (mg): 221, calcium (mg): 197, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.