Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Grill 12 mins
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef (such as Laura's)
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 7 tablespoons bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices sourdough bread (about 1 1/2 oz each)
- 4 small leaves Boston lettuce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons French's fried onions
- Mixed green salad with fat-free dressing (optional)
1. Heat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, 3 tbsp of the barbecue sauce, the Parmesan, mustard and garlic powder. Gently mix until combined, then shape into 4 patties about the size of the sourdough slices.
2. Brush sourdough on both sides with olive oil. Grill for 2 minutes per side, turning once. Transfer to a platter and top with Boston lettuce leaves.
3. Grill burger patties on oiled grill for 4 minutes. Spritz burgers with nonstick cooking spray and flip over. Grill an additional 4 minutes, or to desired doneness. Transfer to lettuce-topped bread and spoon 1 tbsp barbecue sauce onto each burger. Top each with 1 tbsp fried onions and serve with a mixed green salad, if desired.
- Before grilling, indent the center of each patty with your fingertip to prevent shrinking and help hold shape while cooking.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 483, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 78, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 773, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.