Servings: 36 Yield: 3 dozen cookies Prep 30 mins Total Time 1 hr 30 mins (includes chilling time)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate large bowl beat the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating until just combined.
3. Divide the dough in half, and proceed with a cookie recipe below. (Each recipe uses half of the Basic Recipe.) To save the dough for later use, shape each half into a disc, wrap in plastic, and freeze for up to a month.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 36; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 121, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 17, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 173, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 21, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 73, Potassium (mg): 23, calcium (mg): 9, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.