Raspberry preserves and almonds star in the these bar cookies. The almonds put in a flavorful appearance in both the buttery crust and the crumb topping.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt on parchment or waxed paper.
3. Whirl almonds in food processor until finely ground. Add butter and vanilla. Whirl until well blended. Add flour mixture and the sugar. Whirl to mix. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping. Add egg to remaining flour mixture in container of food processor. Whirl until well combined and dough forms. Press dough over bottom of prepared pan.
4. Bake in 375 degree F oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool slightly.
5. Spread raspberry preserves over dough. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture in diagonal strips across top.
6. Bake 12 minutes more or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars to serve.