A creamy, peanutty frosting gets spread over these scrumptious squares. Cut into 48 bars, there are enough treats here for a party or bake sale.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pans with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs; beat 3 minutes more. Add vanilla.
4. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the peanuts.
5. Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly.Frosting:
6. Beat confectioners sugar, peanut butter, shortening, salt and vanilla. Add hot water a little at a time. Beat until smooth. Spread over blondies while still warm.