These ginger bar cookies are topped with crystallized ginger and coarse sugar. They make a tasty dessert for a potluck.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with foil with slight overhang. Coat foil with cooking spray.
2. Into bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, cloves, salt. In large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and molasses; beat until smooth.
3. On low speed, beat flour mixture into butter mixture until blended. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with ginger.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 15 minutes. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 10 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on rack. Use foil to lift bar to rack.
5. Cut into thirds lengthwise; cut crosswise into twelve 1-inch strips to make 36 rectangles about 2-3/4 x 1 inch.