1. In plastic food-storage bag, mix pears, raisins, figs, rum; seal. Let stand 4 hours or overnight.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with foil, with overhang on short ends. Butter and flour foil.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, salt and nutmeg in bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in rind. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in walnuts, fruit mixture. Spoon into prepared pan.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven until pick tests clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer pan to rack to cool.Frosting:
5. Beat sugar, butter, rum and salt in large bowl on low until blended. Increase speed to medium and beat until good spreading consistency, 2 minutes.
6. Lift foil from pan to remove cake. Spread top of cake with frosting. Cut into twenty-four 3 x 2-inch diamonds. Decorate diamonds with squiggly lines red and green icing.