Servings: 24 Yield: 24 bars Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 20 mins
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts plus 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beat together butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla in medium-size bowl until well blended. Mix in flour, salt and the 1/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts. Press into even layer on bottom of prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove pan to wire rack and cool 10 minutes. Spread top evenly with chocolate-hazelnut spread. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts. Chill to set top. Cut into 24 bars.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 24; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 201, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 30, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 61, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.