Granola and apples team up for a delicious topping in this snack cake. Serve with an ice cold glass of milk.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 8 x 8 x 2-inch metal baking pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray.Cake:
2. Beat together butter and sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla; beat until combined.
3. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in clean bowl. On low speed and in 3 additions, add flour mixture to butter mixture; then beat on low until completely combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to prepared pan; spread out smoothly and evenly.Topping:
4. In same bowl, combine apples, granola, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Distribute apple mixture evenly over batter in pan. Dot with butter.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven until apples are soft, about 1 hour. With large spoon or spatula, press on topping to smooth out. Let pan cool on wire rack. To serve, cut into 9 squares.