1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9 x 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, soda and salt in bowl.
3. Beat butter, shortening and sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, oats, apple and coconut. Spread in prepared pan.
4. Bake in 375 degrees F oven 25 to 30 minutes, until wooden pick tests clean. Remove pan to rack to cool.
5. When cooled, sift sugar over top of cookie; cut in bars. If not serving right after baking, do not cut or sift with sugar. Cover tightly with heavy-duty foil; seal in heavy-duty plastic bag; freeze. To serve, bring cookie to room temperature. Sift sugar over top and cut into bars.