Use refrigerated sugar cookie dough flavored with almond extract to make these fun, diamond-shaped cookies. This tasty recipe will make a splendid addition to your holiday platter.
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Knead cookie dough, flour and 2 teaspoons of the almond extract until smooth. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan forming a slight lip at edges. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top.
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar and the remaining 2 teaspoons of almond extract. Pour over the sliced almonds.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
5. When cool, loosen edges with a small paring knife and gently remove from pan. Cut into diamonds.