Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Bake 450°F 20 mins
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch circles
- Olive- or canola-oil spray
- Marinara sauce for dipping, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Whisk the egg in a second bowl and place the flour in a third bowl.
3. Make an assembly line with the bowls. Dip the zucchini circles first into the flour, then the egg, and finally the bread-crumb mixture, coating them evenly.
4. Place on a baking rack set over a baking sheet and spray with oil. Pop into the oven for 20 minutes, or until bread crumbs are golden. Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 114, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 51, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 15, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 7, vit. A (IU): 194, vit. C (mg): 10, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 36, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 401, Potassium (mg): 184, calcium (mg): 71, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.