Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Bake 375° 15 mins
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour the 6 3 1/4-inch cups of a doughnut pan; set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add the flour mixture to the beaten mixture and beat until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
3. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, filling each about 3/4 full and spreading the batter evenly. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Turn the doughnuts out onto a cooling rack. Cool the pan, wash, dry, and grease and flour 4 of the cups. Fill the prepared cups with the remaining batter and bake as above. Dust doughnuts with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 134, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 26, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 24, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 12, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 114, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 11, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 161, Potassium (mg): 96, calcium (mg): 35, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.