Yield: 6 servings plus leftovers; Makes about 17 meatballs Active Time 35 mins Total Time 35 mins
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and halved
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 pounds ground dark-meat turkey
- 1 1/4 cups dry uncooked couscous
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly oil a baking sheet. Place onion and garlic into a food processor to finely chop. Add the rest of the ingredients for the meatballs, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Shape into golf-ball-size balls (about 3 oz. each) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 160 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir to cool.
3. Add cherry tomatoes and cucumbers to the couscous. In a small bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar and olive oil, Pour over couscous and toss to combine.
4. Combine feta, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oregano in a blender until smooth. Serve the meatballs over couscous salad and drizzle with sauce.
Tip Then Try...
- Baked Pita Pizzas
Layer marinara, shredded mozzarella, and sliced meatballs on pita bread rounds. Bake 5 to 7 minutes at 375 degrees F to warm.
- Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
Reheat leftover meatballs in jarred sauce, and serve with spaghetti and Parmesan.
- Greek Lettuce Wraps
Dice meatballs and serve inside large Bibb lettuce leaves topped with couscous salad, kalamata olives, and feta sauce.
- You can prep the meatballs up to three days ahead and store in an airtight container in the fridge, or three months in a zip-top bag in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 496, Fat, total (g): 18, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 49, fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 691, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.