- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 eggs
- Reserved risotto, thawed (3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella, cut into 12 cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Jarred marinara sauce, warmed (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a foil lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat 1 egg. Add the risotto and salt; stir to combine. Using moist hands, form 12 even discs. Place a cube of mozzarella in the center of one disc and encase it in risotto. Roll into a ball, sealing the cheese inside. Repeat with remaining risotto discs and cheese.
3. Place the flour in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, lightly beat the remaining 2 eggs, and put the panko in a third shallow bowl. Roll each risotto ball in flour, then egg, then panko, and transfer to the baking sheet. Lightly coat the rice balls with cooking spray, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara for dipping, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 372, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 120, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 43, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 19, vit. A (IU): 771, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 38, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 839, Potassium (mg): 136, calcium (mg): 221, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.