Servings: 8 Active Time 10 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 8 cups trimmed and sliced Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a very large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 12 minutes. Remove bacon to a plate with a slotted spoon; discard all but 3 Tbs. of the drippings in the skillet.
2. Increase heat to medium-high. Add sprouts to the skillet. Cook and stir until tender and bright green, about 6 minutes. Add vinegar and cook 1 minute more, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits.
3. Stir in reserved bacon and dates. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 189, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 12, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 25, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 16, pro. (g): 7, vit. A (IU): 666, vit. C (mg): 77, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 58, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 340, Potassium (mg): 489, calcium (mg): 46, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.