Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Bake 375°F 1 hr Cook 15 mins
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, grated
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 2 pounds unpeeled Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Fit a baking sheet with a rack and coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, mushrooms, oats, egg whites, onion salt, oregano and 1/4 tsp of the pepper. Form into a loaf and place on prepared pan. Combine ketchup and brown sugar and spread half on top of meatloaf. Arrange bacon over meatloaf in a crisscross pattern. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes; spread on remaining ketchup mixture and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees .
3. Meanwhile, place potatoes in a pot and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain and add broth, olive oil, salt, remaining 1/4 tsp black pepper and the nutmeg. Mash to desired consistency; stir in parsley. Serve with meatloaf.
- Using grated mushrooms in place of bread crumbs adds moisture to lean ground beef, chicken or turkey.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 414, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 95, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 36, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 794, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.