Servings: 4 Yield: 1 9-inch quiche Hands On 10 mins Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
1. Cook 4 strips bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool and crumble into pieces.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 Tbs. minced fresh chives, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper. Stir in the bacon. Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese over a frozen whole-wheat piecrust. Pour egg mixture into the crust. Top with another 1/4 cup shredded cheddar.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes at 325 degrees F, or until eggs are set and the top is starting to brown. Serve with 5 oz. mixed greens dressed with remaining weekend-prepped salad dressing.
Tip A Crust Must
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on the unbaked pie shell before adding the egg mixture to prevent the crust from getting mushy.
- Cut grapes in half for kids under 5 years old.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 473, Fat, total (g): 32, chol. (mg): 306, sat. fat (g): 15, carb. (g): 26, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 22, vit. A (RE): 258, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): 1, Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 78, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 673, Potassium (mg): 363, calcium (mg): 241, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.