Servings: 8 Yield: 2 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 6 mins
- 1 16 ounce package frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
1. Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside.
2. Place frozen peas in a steamer basket set over gently boiling water. Steam peas until tender, about 6 minutes. Reserve about 1/2 cup of steaming water.
3. Remove cooked peas from steamer and plunge into ice water for 30 seconds to stop the cooking. Drain peas from ice water and place in a food processor or blender. Add mint and process until completely smooth. You may add in some of the reserved steaming water to adjust consistency, if desired.
4. Distribute mixture evenly among your favorite food storage container. This mixture will keep up to 48 hours in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in your freezer. Ages:
5. 6+ months
- Don't have a steamer? No problem! Simply, place a metal colander over a pot of boiling water and cover.
- Skip the ice water/shocking step and place drained peas directly into the food processor. The color will not be as vibrant but the flavor will still be great!
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 44, carb. (g): 8, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 3790, vit. C (mg): 17, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 121, sodium (mg): 61, Potassium (mg): 88, calcium (mg): 20, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.