Servings: 4 Prep 30 mins Start to Finish 30 mins
- 1/2 cup canned no salt added beans, such as black, pinto, and or red, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 7- to 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 ounce reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1/4 cup)
- Mild chunky tomato salsa (optional
1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the beans and rice until hot, about 2 minutes. Mix well.
2. Meanwhile in a large nonstick skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the green pepper, salt and pepper; cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs to the skillet and cook until the edges set, then gently pull in the edges with a rubber spatula. Repeat until the eggs are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
3. Microwave the tortillas according to the packages directions until pliable. Divide the bean mixture among the tortillas and top with the egg mixture, avocado, and cheese. Roll up the tortilla. If desired, serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 356, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 191, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 37, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 8, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 15, vit. A (RE): 127, vit. C (mg): 25, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 57, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 528, Potassium (mg): 370, calcium (mg): 196, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.