Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Cook 33 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 butternut squash (about 11/2 lbs), peeled,seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound parsnips, peeled andcut into 1/4-inch-thickhalf moons
- 1/2 pound white turnips, peeledand cut into 1/4-inchthickhalf moons
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled andcut into 1/4-inch-thickhalf moons
- 1 green pepper, cored,seeded and diced
- 2 14 1/2 ounce can fire-roasted dicedtomatoes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans,drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, choppedLime wedges forgarnish
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add squash, parsnips, turnips and carrots. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green pepper, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Simmer on medium heat, partially covered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and heat through. Stir in cilantro.
3. Sprinkle each portion with some of the scallions and place lime wedges on the side.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 344, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 67, fiber (g): 21, pro. (g): 12, sodium (mg): 759, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.