- 1/2 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 20 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 cups torn curly kale leaves (about 2 bunches de-stemmed)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the butternut squash chunks with 1 Tbs. olive oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and pepper. Spread on the baking sheet and roast until tender and golden brown, about 25 minutes. This can be done 24 hours ahead of time.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 Tbs. olive oil, the lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, cinnamon, and pepper to taste.
3. Combine the kale, squash, pecans, pomegranate seeds, sliced shallot, and dressing in a large bowl up to an hour before serving. Add more salt if necessary and transfer to a serving platter.
- To save time use pre-peeled and chopped squash.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 178, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 17, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 4, vit. A (IU): 14232, vit. C (mg): 97, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 117, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 247, Potassium (mg): 619, calcium (mg): 141, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.