Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 7 mins Cook 12 mins
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced, or 3/4 cup shredded
- 2 heads Boston lettuce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pkg (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (8.8 oz) fully cooked brown rice
- 1 large egg
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mint leaves, for serving
- Steamed broccoli
1. Combine carrots and 1/4 cup water in a large lidded skillet over medium-high heat. Cover and cook 4 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, remove 16 leaves from lettuce, rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
3. Stir canola oil into skillet with carrots. Add mushrooms, sweet pepper and garlic. Cook 2 minutes. Crumble in ground beef and cook 3 minutes. Add brown rice and cook 2 minutes. Lightly beat egg; push skillet contents to one side of pan. Add egg to skillet and scramble, 1 minute. Stir in scallions, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Remove from heat.
4. Serve meat mixture with lettuce leaves (spoon a scant 1/3 cup into each leaf). Sprinkle with mint leaves and serve with steamed broccoli on the side.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 503, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 145, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 624, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.