Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch coins
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked rice noodles
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place onion, carrots and garlic in slow cooker. Add chicken evenly over top. Drain pineapple and set aside, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Whisk juice, cornstarch, sugar, vinegar, ketchup and soy sauce; pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
4. Stir in red pepper, snow peas, salt and pineapple during last 30 minutes.
5. Serve with rice noodles and top with almonds.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 484, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 147, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 61, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 758, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.