Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck or brisket, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 piece ginger (2 inches), peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 bird's-eye or serrano chile, stemmed and sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 7 cups unsalted beef stock (such as Kitchen Basics)
- 1 pkg (9.5 oz) udon noodles
- 6 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 cup sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
1. Stir beef, onion, ginger, garlic, chile, vinegar, molasses and 2 tbsp of the soy sauce into slow cooker. Pour in beef stock. Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
2. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add udon; cook for 2 minutes. Add bok choy and cook for 2 more minutes. Strain. Add noodles, bok choy, scallions, cilantro and remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce to soup. Stir and serve. Garnish with extra scallions and cilantro.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 368, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 48, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 698, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.