Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 sweet pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 8 ounce can reducedsodium tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium terikayi sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili paste
- 6 soft whole wheat rolls
- 3 scallions, sliced
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with nonstick cooking spray and crumble in ground beef. Cook 4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
2. Stir in lentils, sweet pepper, garlic, tomato sauce, hoisin, terikayi, vinegar, sugar, ginger and chili paste. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Spoon about 2/3 cup beef and lentil mixture into each roll and sprinkle with scallions.
- Change up family favorites by serving hamburgers on whole wheat buns and adding lentils to meatloaf and sloppy Joes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 304, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 35, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 621, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.