Servings: 12 Yield: 4 cups Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 30 mins Cook 3 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut up
- 2 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Endive leaves and crackers, for serving
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Whisk in milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne. Bring to a simmer; cook, simmering, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in Swiss cheese and cream cheese until smooth.
3. Combine artichoke hearts, spinach and garlic in a food processor and process until evenly blended and chopped. Fold into cheese sauce and pour into prepared dish. Spread smooth and top with grated Asiago or Parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until bubbly around edges. Serve warm with endive and crackers for scooping.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 148, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 12, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 560, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.