Servings: 4 Active Time 25 mins Total Time 25 mins
- Four 1/4-in.-wide corn arepas
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh epazote
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook arepas according to package directions. Using a paring knife, carefully cut arepas in half. Divide mozzarella and ham among arepas. Place in oven to keep warm.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Crack eggs into the skillet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until whites are set and yolks are partly set, about 1 1/2 minutes. Carefully flip eggs and cook until yolks are just barely set, another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove arepas from oven, open, and slide eggs and epazote on top of ham.
- Having a crowd over for Easter lunch? Add this easy baked dish to the buffet table and watch it disappear.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 377, Fat, total (g): 17, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 576, calcium (mg): 215, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.