- Cooking spray
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, plus 1 large egg white
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 15 ounce can apricot halves in extra light syrup, such as Del Monte, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, ginger, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg white with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add the butter, milk, and half the thyme. Beat to combine. Stir in the flour mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Arrange the apricot halves over the surface of the batter, cut-side up. Sprinkle the remaining thyme over the top. Bake, about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 404, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 124, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 48, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 33, pro. (g): 8, vit. A (IU): 1163, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 13, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 236, Potassium (mg): 117, calcium (mg): 93, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.