1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the raisins and dates.
3. In another large bowl whisk the eggs, applesauce, canola oil, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
4. Drop the dough by tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies are light golden brown around the edges. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.