- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut up
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 36 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups or grease the cups; set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the apples. Set batter aside.
3. In a food processor combine the oats, pumpkin seeds, chilled butter, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Pulse to combine and chop the pumpkin seeds.
4. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each nearly full. Sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin seed mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in cups for 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 36; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 79, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 12, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 10, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 2, vit. A (IU): 95, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 3, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 73, Potassium (mg): 51, calcium (mg): 33, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.