Servings: 12 Yield: fritters Prep 15 mins Fry 6 mins per batch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons Calvados
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold in apples. Stir in cider, eggs, butter and vanilla until combined.
2. Heat oil in a large, heavybottomed Dutch oven to 375 degrees .
3. Form 4 fritters, using a 1/3-cup ice cream scoop, and drop into oil. Fry for 3 minutes; turn and fry an additional 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove to a cooling rack placed over a baking sheet. Repeat until all fritters are fried.
4. Combine confectioners' sugar, cider and Calvados. While slightly warm, spread a heaping tbsp of the glaze over each fritter. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 342, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 43, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 213, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.