Servings: 12 Active Time 20 mins Total Time 3 hrs 35 mins
- 1 10 - 12 pound turkey, thawed and rinsed, neck and giblets removed
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut into wedges
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups apple cider
1. Arrange oven racks in lower and upper part of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack set in a shallow roasting pan. Pat dry with paper towels. Tuck tips of wings under body. Fill turkey cavity with the lemon, onion, apple, and thyme. Tie drumsticks securely to tail with 100-percent-cotton kitchen string. Brush turkey with butter, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Pour apple cider into bottom of roasting pan. Tent pan with foil. Place pan on lower oven rack. Roast for 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours, or until thigh reaches 175 degrees F, removing foil halfway through roasting.
3. Cover with foil and let stand for 30 minutes before carving. Reserve drippings in pan for gravy.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 527, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 294, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): , Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 6, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): , pro. (g): 75, vit. A (IU): 220, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): 1, Niacin (mg): 25, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 2, Folate (µg): 24, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 3, sodium (mg): 366, Potassium (mg): 626, calcium (mg): 38, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.