Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Bake 450°F 30 mins Broil 2 mins 30 seconds
- 1 pound zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound summer squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound Japanese eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 pound sliced portobello mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing (such as Wish-Bone)
- 4 whole-wheat pitas, cut in half horizontally
- 3/4 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese, cut into thin ribbons
- Fresh basil, for garnish
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray 3 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Place the zucchini, summer squash, eggplant and Portobello mushrooms on the baking sheets in a single layer. Brush both sides of the vegetables with the Italian dressing.
2. Bake at 450 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning them after 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set oven to broil.
3. Place the pita halves, cut-side up, on a baking sheet and broil for 30 seconds. Spoon about 1-1/2 tablespoons of marinara sauce over each. Arrange an equal amount of roasted vegetables and cheese ribbons over each pizza. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until heated through and cheese melts.
4. Garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 371, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 20, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 12, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 967, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.