Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Chill At least 4 hrs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 12 - 15 graham cracker squares or 2 slices purchased pound cake
- 1/4 cup diced red apple
- 1/4 cup diced green pear or peeled kiwi
- 1/4 cup diced plums
- 1/4 cup diced strawberries or peaches
- 1/2 cup toasted rolled oats, granola or grated coconut
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange sections, drained (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, syrup, and orange peel; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
2. Put graham crackers, if using, in a plastic bag; roll with rolling pin until they become small crumbs (you should have about 1 cup crumbs). Or, crumble the pound cake. To assemble trifles:
3. Spoon 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs at the bottom of each 8-ounce glass*. Add 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture to each, then add red apple and green pear; add another 1 tablespoon yogurt, plums, and strawberries. Add remaining yogurt. Top each with 2 tablespoons of toasted rolled oats and finish with a few orange sections.
- You can make the trifles ahead and chill them for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Tip Be sure to use a clear glass that is tall enough to hold all ingredients and wide enough for children to be able to easily get their spoon in and out.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 197, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 35, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 15, pro. (g): 8, vit. A (IU): 49, vit. C (mg): 7, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 16, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 150, Potassium (mg): 136, calcium (mg): 91, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.