Servings: 8 Prep 5 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese, grated (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 pound mild cheese (such as Monterey Jack), grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch blended with 2 tablespoons water
- Italian bread, cut in cubes
- Granny Smith and Gala apples, cut in chunks
- 1 7 1/2 ounce bag mixed root-vegetable chips (such as Terra Chips)
1. Bring wine to a simmer in a flameproof fondue pot or non-aluminum saucepan. Add cheese, stirring until melted; mixture will not be smooth.
2. Stir in salt, pepper, cayenne and nutmeg. Stir cornstarch-water mixture and add to pot. Simmer over medium-low heat until thickened and smooth, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately with bread chunks, apple pieces and chips; keep fondue warm over a low flame. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 450, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 53, carb. (g): 45, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 538, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.