Yield: 5-1/4 cups Prep 10 mins Bake 325°F 30 mins
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 tablespoons packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Grated rind from 2 large oranges (about scant 1/4 cup)
- 5 1/4 cups lightly salted mixed nuts
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, garlic salt, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir in rosemary, orange rind and nuts to evenly coat nuts. Spoon nuts onto prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in 325 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Stir nuts. Bake for another 10 minutes. Stir again. Bake for another 10 minutes. Transfer baking sheet with nuts to a wire rack. Let nuts cool completely.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 261, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 444, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.