Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 20 mins Cook 1 min
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons dark-brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons chili powder, such as chipotle or ancho
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups whole, unblanched almonds
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt; cook 1 minute.
3. Place walnuts and almonds in a bowl. Pour seasoned oil over nuts; toss to mix. Place on prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Stir and bake 5 to 8 more minutes or until crisped. Remove and let cool. Makes 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 52, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 2, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 55, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.