The stuffing for these giant mushroom appetizers looks and tastes like crab cakes. Budget-minded cooks can use imitation crab.
1. Heat broiler. Mix scallion, pepper, thyme, tarragon, mayonnaise, Parmesan, salt, pepper sauce in bowl. Stir in crabmeat, so it remains lumpy. Cover; refrigerate.
2. Remove mushroom stems; scrape out dark underside. Brush both sides with oil; season with remaining salt, pepper. Place on broiler-pan rack.
3. Broil mushrooms 2 minutes each side. Remove from broiler; let cool slightly. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees F.
4. Fill each mushroom with 1/3 cup crabmeat mixture. Sprinkle each with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; sprinkle with paprika.
5. Bake in 375 degree F oven 15 minutes, until slightly browned and bubbly. Makes 6 servings.