1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Lightly brush both sides of bread slices with butter. Place in single layer on baking sheet.
3. Bake in 400 degree F oven for 8 minutes or until the bread turns golden brown, turning slices over after the first 4 minutes.
4. Stir together the sour cream, horseradish and salt in a small bowl until well blended.
5. Carefully select blemish-free inner leaves from the heads of the Bibb lettuce (reserve the rest of the heads for salad.) Trim leaves so they fit neatly on top of the bread slices. Place 1 leaf on each bread slice. Top each with a piece of trout and a dollop of the horseradish mixture. Garnish each canape with a sweet red pepper diamond. Makes 32 canapes.