Servings: 20 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 4 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small eggplant (about 12 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium-size zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/3 cup chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 large loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 18-20) and lightly toasted
1. Stir together tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, celery, onion, tomato puree, vinegar, sugar, parsley and basil in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
2. Stir in olives and capers. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chill overnight. Spoon about 1/4 cup onto each toasted bread slice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 20; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 46, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 151, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.