Yield: 6 cups Prep 30 mins
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (16 ounces) pink or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup medium-hot picante sauce OR: salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Guacamole (see recipe on www.familycircle.com)
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup drained) Salsa Fresca (recipe on www.familycircle.com) OR: 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 large green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Place the garlic in a food processor. Whirl until chopped. Add the drained beans, picante sauce, chili powder and cumin. Whirl until smooth, about 1 minute. Spread in a large serving dish.
2. Spread guacamole over bean mixture, leaving border of bean showing. Spread sour cream evenly over top almost to edges, leaving guacamole border.
3. Sprinkle olives evenly over top. Spoon on salsa or tomatoes, spreading level. Sprinkle on green onion and cheese. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving. Makes about 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 76, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 5, carb. (g): 7, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 131, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.