Yield: about 2 cups Prep 5 mins
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- Pita bread, cut into triangles, toasted
1. Combine beans, peppers, lemon juice, garlic, oil, cayenne, salt and black pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until smooth.
2. Add the feta and oregano and pulse to just combine. Transfer the contents to a small bowl.
3. Serve with toasted pita wedges. The dip can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 128, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 17, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 478, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.