1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place eggplant and garlic in roasting pan.
2. Bake in 425 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until eggplant is soft and slightly charred and garlic is tender. Remove pan from oven and let cool.
3. Saute onion in oil in skillet until soft, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. When eggplant is cool enough to handle, peel. Drain in large colander.
5. Remove 6 cloves garlic from head; peel. Reserve remaining garlic to squeeze pulp on pita crisps.
6. Place drained eggplant, the 6 cloves garlic, onion, tahini and lemon juice in food processor. Whirl until smooth. Season with salt and red pepper. Serve with Pita Crisps, spread with the roasted garlic. Makes 3 cups.Pita Crisps:
7. Take 1 package 6-inch whole-wheat pita pockets (6 pitas), and split each pita in half. Brush each half with olive oil. Season with salt, black pepper, ground cumin and sesame seeds. Cut each pita half into quarters. Place on baking sheet. Bake in 350 degree F oven until crisp and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Makes 48 Pita Crisps.