Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 min
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, cleaned
- 1 cup blanched whole almonds, ground in food processor
- 1 bag (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup bottled duck sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1. Butterfly shrimp.
2. Mix almonds, coconut and flour in pie plate. Mix eggs and salt in bowl. Dip 5 shrimp in egg, then in coconut mixture. Repeat.
3. Fry 5 shrimp; remove to paper toweling to drain. Repeat. Serve with sauce. Apricot Sauce:
4. Mix bottled duck sauce, apricot jam and soy sauce in small bowl.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 469, Fat, total (g): 27, chol. (mg): 154, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 43, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 353, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.