1. Remove cheese from plastic wrappers. Cut each cheese stick crosswise into thirds. With a small knife, cut a thin opening along the length of each piece, being careful not to cut completely through.
2. If tomatoes are not pliable, soak in boiling water for 5 minutes. Place them in a stack. Slice stack crosswise into 6 thin slices for a total of 36, each about same length as cheese pieces.
3. Gently tuck one tomato slice into a piece of cheese. Repeat, using all tomato pieces and cheese nuggets.
4. Break 2 of the eggs into a small bowl. Beat lightly. Place 1 cup of the bread crumbs in a shallow dish or pie plate.
5. In a medium-size heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat oil to 350 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer. Meanwhile, coat 18 of the nuggets: Dip all 18 nuggets in egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Return nuggets to egg for a second round of coating. Return to bread crumbs, tossing to cover completely with crumbs. Set aside on a platter or baking sheet. Discard egg and crumbs. Repeat double coating for remaining 18 nuggets, using remaining 2 eggs and 1 cup bread crumbs.
6. Beginning with the nuggets coated first, fry 5 or 6 in a batch for 1 minute, until golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Place on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet. Keep warm in 200 degrees F oven while frying remaining nuggets. Heat marinara sauce in microwave for 1 minute. Serve nuggets alongside warm sauce.