This popular side-dish recipe is seasoned with a chunky tomato, basil, and garlic salsa. If you wish, slice into smaller pieces and serve as an appetizer.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Slice tops off of garlic bulbs and drizzle each with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.While garlic is roasting, prepare Garlic Butter:
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine butter, Parmesan, crushed garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley and red pepper flakes. Refrigerate.Prepare Tomato Basil Salsa:
3. In a medium-size saute pan over medium heat combine oil and garlic. Cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and heat through. Stir in basil, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
4. Remove roasted garlic from oven, unwrap foil and cool. Once cooled, squeeze cloves from papery skin. Set aside.
5. Spread 1/2 cup garlic butter over bread (reserve remaining 1/2 cup for another use). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, until browned. Top with tomato salsa, roasted garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Slice into pieces and serve.