Yield: 1-1/4 cups Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 9 mins
- 5 4-1/2-inch whole-wheat pitas, split open and each side cut into fourths
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pita pieces on rimmed baking sheet and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and divide Parmesan cheese over pitas; return to oven for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
2. Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, cumin and salt in a food processor bowl. Process until a smooth paste forms. Spread chickpea mixture into a serving bowl; stir in spinach. Serve with warm pita chips.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 65, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 1, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 8, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 179, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.