Yield: 1-1/2 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 3 mins Roast 400°F 30 mins
- 1 whole head garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) light tofu, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Wrap head of garlic in aluminum foil. Roast in preheated 400 degrees F oven 30 minutes until very soft. Unwrap. When cool, press soft garlic out of papery skin into bowl; discard skin.
2. Saute onion in oil in nonstick skillet until softened, 3 minutes.
3. Whirl onion, garlic, parsley, beans, tofu, lemon juice and salt in food processor until creamy. Serve with vegetables and pita triangles.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 44, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 6, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 151, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.